Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Answers to Questions (As a student)

1.What technology where you most comfortable with? Does it work for you, individually? Why?

I felt most comfortable with email, because all of the other technologies that were used were fairly new for me and it took some time to figure out how each one functions. Since there is not one particular technology that has all of the features of all the technologies combined, I felt like it was a lot of work for me to learn each one, and therefore at times I refrained from using them as much!

So, email worked best for me since 1. I already knew how to use it, 2. It is convenient, and 3. I can access it through my phone!

2. Does that technology works well for the group? Does it work for everybody? Why or why not?

As a group, I think that email really kept us working very efficiently and in a timely fashion. Without email communications between all of us, there probably wouldn’t have been much success with any of the other technologies, including the blog, twitter, and googledocs.

3. Does everybody effectively use the technology that you like?

Yes, everyone used emails very effectively and it was our primary source of communication.

4. What do you think are the shortcomings on this technology? How does it not work for others?

I think that the only shortcoming with emails is that although we have faster access to the emails, that doesn’t necessarily mean that we will respond any faster (I can only speak for myself here!). I enjoy receiving emails but I have a habit of not replying until the last minute. This sometimes works for my own benefit, sometimes not. What can I say! I am a text person. Keep it short and sweet and I will respond, but if the email is too wordy in length, I might hold off for a while, lol!

5. Do you think everybody agrees with you about your technology?

Yes, I don’t see any reason why anyone would disagree!

6. What surprised you about your technology? What learning occurred? How did your first opinion change or did not change?

I think I was most surprised about Twitter as I expected it to be fairly simple and user-friendly. FAIL. It was way too much work and still is, so I rarely get on it. And like Matt, I realized a little too late that you need to include the @ before someone’s username in order to include them in the tweet! All of these #’s and @’s give me a headache! Lol!

7. Describe a story about the learning you had with your technology and share how you saw that at play with the group, i.e. when you learned something and trained others in what you learned. Describe results; behaviors displayed.

I think with Skype, trying to figure out how to do a group call was sort of confusing and time-consuming at first, but we figured it out, learned our way through Skype, and now every time we login it’s less time to get started up with our meetings and we just log on, and get right to it!

I, on the other hand, still don’t know how to join in on the group calls, but luckily you can also text people via Skype and I just send a text saying someone call meeeee lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment