Monday, February 6, 2012

Our Questions to Answer

Baeednah et al,

So when I wrote our questions, I was trying to do two things:

  • 1.       Have these questions produce consistent answers for all of us, to the question about the technology that we have adopted “in character” (which we are doing this week.)
  • 2.       Have consistent answers to the question about technology that we have adopted in “real life” as students together in a team. This we have already done. So, the questions were just to cover most bases. I’d say feel free to change the questions a bit if you want or at least, elaborate on the answers if the question doesn’t work, e.g. “I can’t answer this question about best technology because there isn’t one, because of X, Y and Z reasons. Also, I like to order weird mixed drinks Matt has never heard of and then not drink them anyway. Love, Baeednah.”
When we have those questions answered we can use them to answer and elaborate on Body 1 and Body 2 here:


Some of the answers will drive conversation that gets us to the point where we can talk about what we didn’t agree on. For instance, question 3, “Does everybody effectively use the technology that you like?” You may not know this. Ask if you don’t or offer a guess. It can only help us understand how well we are communicating with each other. We’ll compare answers and make clarification. I think it would be good for us to speak for each other in the presentation, sorta like our first day of class when Ron mispronounced Baeednah’s name. We could each talk about what another person prefers and why. We want to show we know each other (good interpersonal communication!) and I think that’d give Brendon what he is looking for.

Make sense? If not, say so and we’ll try a different approach.

Upcoming tasks this week:

  1. Tonight: Amy, we’ll be looking for your timetable that we all discussed. Please post in Googledocs and tweet it girl! 
  2. Tuesdaynight: I think we should have the questions below answered to the best of our ability and shared before our meeting tomorrow night. That way we can review them and modify them together. We’ll have to get the questions from us “in character” answered after the exercise. I’ll send details of that tonight (more below). Then RJ and I can each plug the content that we generate into the PPT and paper and we can decide who will do each part. RJ, you and I will be sharing/parsing content a lot this week.
  3. Tuesday: Baeednah, can you distribute the 2.1 table that you built to everybody by Tuesday? We won’t have all the answers to plug in yet but the questions and  answers will help populate that. We should see it. We can get that table and our answers in agreement by Thursday for the paper and PPT.
  4. I think we can have a dry run on the final product by Thursday night/Friday night if everything goes well.
  5. Every night: I will be on Skype almost every night this week while I work on the paper, etc. Shoot me a message if any of you want to connect about anything at all. I will start distributing things for review by Wednesday.
I’ll be sending out an email later about our one-day exercise “in character”. On my trip to AC this weekend I hammered out what I think is an actionable exercise. My wife didn’t think it was very romantic but we did listen to Adele a lot so that was kewl. If the experiment doesn’t work out then we won’t have wasted a ton of time by trying. If it works then we’ll have another friggen cool thing to add.

Adele! iPhone! Pork seasoning! Four star!

 Best,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment