Monday, February 6, 2012

Questions Answered for 'real side of project"

Questions, Answered

1. What technology where you most comfortable with? Does it work for you, individually? Why?

I cannot pinpoint which technology I am most comfortable with, I think that I have the basics of all of the ones that we collectively used for this project; i.e. Google Docs, Twitter, Skype, and Blog. While I have had experience with all of the programs in the past, Google Docs and Blog for pervious school projects, and both Skype and Twitter for personal use, I do not know everything that can be done with them. I can say that the one technology that I have come the furthest with is Twitter. My question as to how useful the program is in and outside of business has been answered. To my understanding and what we have used this program for is as an ‘alert system’. And in retrospect, so do many of the companies that use Twitter, to alert the consumer. The device that I found more useful is our Blog. It is our archive. A great source of keeping us and everyone else abreast of what’s going on. And as for Google Docs, I think that we found a great use for it as a mass sharing and editing circuit. I would love to use this more in the future.

Now, as for the remaining two technologies, e-mail and text messaging. E-mail is a very effective way of communicating and is a venue for sharing information in great detail and length. I think for everyone, e-mail is probably the most comfortable. I believe I texted the most, because personally, I would prefer to have a text conversation with multiple people as opposed to a telephone conversation with just one or two other people. Beside texting is short and sweet.

2. Does that technology works well for the group? Does it work for everybody? Why or why not?

As a group, I think that the Blog worked well for us. I believe that everyone caught on fairly easy and even enjoyed using it. The Blog is very user friendly, so I think that it works very well with the group. I also think that the Blog works very well with the group, so much so, that I think that we could have actually used the Blog solely for our project and it would have still been awesome.

3. Does everybody effectively use the technology that you like?

Yes, everyone uses the Blog very efficiently and effectively. We use it to share ideas, finished portions of the project, details of what we’re working on. It is the project in and of itself.

4. What do you think are the shortcomings on this technology? How does it not work for others?

The only shortcoming that I see with the Blog, is that there is no alert system as to when someone has added something, changed something or just plain ole come up with the next bright idea. If checking the Blog is not a routine thing, unless alerted via e-mail or Twitter, no one would know that anything new was posted on the Blog.

5. Do you think everybody agrees with you about your technology?

As far as the Blog being the best way to get the information out there, yes, I do think that everyone is in agreement.

6. What surprised you about your technology? What learning occurred? How did your first opinion change or did not change?

Now I’m going to switch it back to Twitter, the most surprising thing about Twitter is that it is actually a very useful thing if used with a purpose. I learned that Twitter is the ‘shout it aloud box’. If you want to call attention to something post it on Twitter with an @ sign and the news is out there. I am now convinced that Twitter can be a useful tool for businesses.

7. Describe a story about the learning you had with your technology and share how you saw that at play with the group, i.e. when you learned something and trained others in what you learned. Describe results; behaviors displayed.

On Saturday Matt, when you found out that all the Twits you’ve made hadn’t reach there intended party because you didn’t use the @ right in front of their names. It was like a light bulb going off. Now all you Twits reach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment