Wednesday, February 8, 2012

questions in character

Questions, answered in character

1. What technology where you most comfortable with? Does it work for you, individually? Why?

Texting for me is the easiest, since I am always on the go scouting new talent. It allows me to get a message to the team about the next new person I found quickly. It is also easily accessible from my phone, which means I do not need to drag around a laptop when I’m out scouting.

2. Does that technology works well for the group? Does it work for everybody? Why or why not?

Texting does work well for the group, it allows for short, (or in my case, medium) messages to one another about the acts we are working with.

3. Does everybody effectively use the technology that you like?

Yes, everyone text are very efficient and effective. We use text messing to communicate instantaneously while away from the office.

4. What do you think are the shortcomings on this technology? How does it not work for others?

Oh, boy are there shortcoming with text messaging. While I do send out the lengthiest messages, a lot of what I wanted and needed to say about the talent is missed, overlooked, misunderstood, or just plain left out.

While they are receiving my text messages, Matt will not get the full message if I get too wordy. And because I’m usually so excited about the new talent, RJ and Amy some times have a hard time following me.

5. Do you think everybody agrees with you about your technology?

Yes, I think that we all feel the same way about the team’s use of text messaging. It is a great technology to keep in touch and informed of what we’re doing while away from our perspective offices.

6. What surprised you about your technology? What learning occurred? How did your first opinion change or did not change?

I think it’s cool that I can add links, photographs and video to my text messages. My opinion hasn’t changed about texting, with all its limitations; I prefer it to any form of communication, especially when I’m on the go.

7. Describe a story about the learning you had with your technology and share how you saw that at play with the group, i.e. when you learned something and trained others in what you learned. Describe results; behaviors displayed.

I think its funny that we overlooked the most simplest technologies, i.e. text messaging and e-mail. We opted to use the most technical stuff for the first few weeks, and then towards the middle of class we all seem to have had ah ah ha moment, with the simple stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment